17.4.07

Drunken Scrabble and other Easter Pastimes

Beachcombing on the South Beach

Well, while certain people spent their Easter Holidays building snowmen and dodging snow squalls, me and the boys got a little sunburnt up in the Kootenays. Yep, it was a boys' weekend out, as Skye and I joined my Dad, my brother and my little nephew Finn at the cabin for a few days of rock throwing, beer drinking, football tossing and guitar playing. There may also have been a little bit of drunken Trivial Pursuit, which comes highly recommended. Somehow, a little Irish whisky makes the game just that much more interesting.

Guitar on the deck

The weather was gorgeous all weekend - not a cloud in the sky. Sunday morning saw the traditional Easter Egg Hunt go down. It still feels strange to me to be the one hiding the eggs, but it's all good. Holidays like Easter have actually become more meaningful since having a child - it's amazing to watch the excitement and the wonder in their eyes as they speculate on how the Easter Bunny managed to hide an egg "waaay up in the light fixture."

Easter Egg Hunt in full swing

2 comments:

Anie said...

i've never actually seen that in print "my nephew finn".
touched me heart.
lucky fellar is our finnbit to have such a coolio uncle.

chris.birrell said...

I'll trade you weather.