6.5.06

About time...

...I started a blog. It's as much for me as it is for anyone else. I find lately that my thoughts are fleeting, and they often disappear before I can jot them down. I'm hoping that this blog will serve as a repository for my observations and ruminations, however inconsequential they may be. Perhaps the blog will become something greater than this, but I am content to let it evolve as it may.

I suppose it would be courteous to begin with an introduction. My name is Robin, and I'm a librarian at mid-sized public library in Canada. I'm what you call an e-librarian. I'm of the new school of librarianship. I get excited about things like social computing and ambient findability. I love how individuals and communities are creating spontaneous information spaces on the web through blogging and tagging. I know I am not alone here, and I'm hoping that like-minded others will find me.

This won't be a blog about libraries exclusively. Oh, no. As much as I dig my job, I've got lots going on in my head, and there's always some cross-over to other areas of life. My life informs my work, and vice versa. I carry my philosophies and interests with me wherever I go, like a set of spectacles that colour everything I see, and sometimes even bring things into focus! This blog is largely a space for documenting the connections and epiphanies that occur each day, with the goal of perhaps gleaning some nugget of wisdom, for my own interest, and, perhaps, that of others.

Well, this is adequate for a first post. Maybe next time I'll explain the "diesel" part.

1 comment:

Anie said...

Hey
I didnt know you was a bloggin fool!
yes, we will have to keep up our cyber connections.
to note: Finn now says "scoo" and makes appropriate hand-motorbike motions and sounds!!